|If you are looking for a cutting edge business idea, I truly believe that starting your own newsletter business might just be your best option. In fact, I can’t think of a single online or offline business model with as much potential as a newsletter business. When you factor in the low start-up costs, flexibility, and unlimited earnings potential, it’s a win-win deal.
But, what can you write about? What topic offers the greatest potential? Fortunately, there are millions of different ideas to write about. I think it’s best to pick a topic you are passionate about, so you always have something to write about. After all, it’s true that if you are passionate about what you do, the money will follow. That being said, here are my favorite 10 topics for a newsletter business.
1. Make Money Online: You could write about how to start a home based business, how to build websites, make money with eBay® or anything else.
2. Parenting: If you have kids, you could write about raising healthy and happy kids.
3. Relationships: Your newsletter could be about building and maintaining happy relationships, marriages, and friendships.
4. Physical Fitness: You could discuss how to stay in shape, eat properly and what exercises produce the best results.
5. Alternative Investing: If you enjoy alternative investing strategies such as gold or real estate investing, you could create a unique newsletter about that.
6. Natural Remedies: If you like herbal medicine, or natural remedies, you could share your
7. Automobile Reviews: If you are an automobile junkie, you could review cars and share your thoughts with other auto enthusiasts and consumers.
8. Budgeting: You could write about budgeting, living on a shoestring budget, and how to get ahead; even if you don’t make a large income.
9. Travel: You could travel the world and write about it. You could focus on budget vacations, Caribbean vacations or anything else that interests you.
10. Food: Just about everyone I know loves food. You could write about BBQ, Cajun cooking, New England cooking or Soul Food.
As you can see, the options are endless. These are just 10 popular topics I could think of. Please know you have many other options, too.
The first thing I recommend you do is take out a piece of paper and brainstorm a list of potential ideas. Write down your hobbies, interests, passions, work experience, and other ideas until you have at least 20 potential ideas. After you do that, rank them in order from 1 to 20. Put a number one by your favorite idea, a number two by your second favorite idea, etc. Finally, whittle your list down to your best three choices and pick your winning idea. It’s really that simple.
In summary, there are many different potential topics for your own newsletter business. Your key to success is to pick a topic you are knowledgeable and passionate about and stick with that. Also, make sure your niche isn’t too big or too small. Before you pick a topic, make sure you do some research to evaluate your competition to see if there is enough interest in what you want to write about. If you do your research, you will eventually find a winning idea.
Start a Newsletter Business, Chuck Holmes